This tour promises to be the most amazing experience of your whole vacation. It combines the history of Caribbean ruins, an unforgettable snorkeling experience, and a visit to the heavenly Tankah park.
Tour length: 9.5 hours
Site of interest: Isla Mujeres, Playa Norte, MUSA, Riveria Maya
Public Tours: Minimum 4 people required for tour.
Private Tours: Minimum 2 adults required to book.
Snorkel and explore the crystal clear waters of Isla Mujeres
LDS Tours Cancun by Mormon Encounter takes you on a tour of this beautiful island on board one of our private boats. Your professional LDS guides take you to visit the Casa de la Cultura (Cultural Center), a local workshop where the island natives show you how to make many kinds of handicrafts — from hammocks to key chains — while explaining the fascinating history of this intriguing island surrounded by turquoise blue waters and sandy white beaches.
Drive your own golf cart around the island to enjoy the many colors of nature, the impressive gigantic sculptures at the northern tip of the island, and the friendliness of its inhabitants. Come snorkel at the white beaches of Isla Mujeres. You are sure to be surprised by the amount of colorful fish in those crystal clear waters around you at the most exclusive beach on the island, the world-famous Playa Norte. Our boat captain and sailor are excited to show you the secret life of the reef, the beautiful hidden caves along the way, and the lighthouse reef.
The newest attraction in the Mexican Caribbean is the MUSA, the first underwater museum in Mexico, boasting 400 sculptures made by British sculptor Jason de Caires Taylor. What’s for lunch? Authentic Maya recipe of tikinxic (fish marinated in Maya spices, charcoaled, and grilled) prepared by our boat’s captain. This is by far the best boat tour in the Riviera Maya and Cancun.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Comfy, light-colored clothes
- Comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Sunscreen (preferably biodegradable)
- Always carry an ID with you.
- Wear a hat or bring a small carryon umbrella.
- Keep hydrated. Drink lots of water during the day.
- Use insect repellent.
- Bring extra cash for souvenirs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private premium transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel lobby
- Introduction to the Maya and local culture on the way to the ruins
- Toll road fees
- Cold bottled water all day
- Delicious lunch buffet and soft drinks
- Swimming break at Maya cenote
- Traveler’s insurance — on board only
- If you booked complementary activities, all fees are included in the price.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Alcoholic drinks
- Life vest