What do we look for in our guides?
We look for sufficient academic training and thorough knowledge of the Mayan and other Mesoamerican cultures, as well as a close relationship and intimate knowledge of the Book of Mormon.
All of our guides possess these qualifications:
- Have received excellent training & experience in conducting and leading groups.
- Complete familiarity with the region.
- Punctual and honest.
- Speak at least three different languages.
- Treat guests with tolerance and cordiality.
- Have knowledge of First-Aid.
- Have the ability to clearly communicate, inform, and explain during the tour.
- Have current temple recommendations for the area.
JUAN CARLOS ALEMAN ORTIZ
Owner & Tour Guide
Carlos, was born in the city of Xalapa, Veracruz. He grew up in the tiny village of a Juan Xutetelco in the state of Puebla, where he quickly developed a fascination with history and archaeology. From the age of 8, he often did his homework perched atop one of the seven pyramids found in the area, the most significant one being the pyramid found right in his family’s back yard.
Gabriel Arroyo Gabriel was born in Mexico City, is the last of four children and was the only one to be born within the Covenant, Gabriel moved to Cancun 15 years ago and soon began to develop a great interest in the relationship between the Maya and the Book of Mormon, so he decided to become a guide and share with other people the fascinating Mayan world.
His favorite archeological site is EK Balam but he widely knows other archaeological zones like Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itzá, Muyil etcetera.
Gabo as his friends tell him served a full-time mission in the city of Chihuahua and has had several callings in the church, his last calling was a member of the High Council, is happily married and is the father of two children