Visit the town of Valladolid to admire original native Mexican folk art at Casa de los Venados, then head to Chichen Itza to discover the ruins and history!
Tour length: 9 hours
Sites of interest: Chichen Itza, Yucatan towns, Maya cenotes
Public Tours: Minimum 4 people required for tour.
Private Tours: Minimum 2 adults required to book.
- Public Tour
- Adult (12+)
- Young Child (under 11)
- Private Tour
- Two Adults (12+)
- Young Child (under 11)
Explore Chichen Itza and the surrounding towns
On this special tour, you are led by a premium LDS guide who takes you to all the corners of the incredible Chichen Itza ruins. Stand in front of the Temple of Kukulcan, get your selfies, and enjoy a delightful archeological explanation that brings the ball court, the astronomical observatory, the nunnery, the steam baths, the military headquarters, and the great Maya market back to life!
We pick you up at your hotel lobby in a new A/C-equipped vehicle. If you book a private tour, the vehicle is just for your family and yourself. We use our time on the road introducing your group to the great Maya culture and their feats.
Chichen Itza LDS Explorer offers a casual stop along the road to get to know the town of Yucatek, have lunch at a beautiful little thatched-roof locale to taste delicious beans, the native dish poc-chuc (grilled and marinated pork meat), handmade corn tortillas, pork baked underground wrapped in banana leaves, Yucatek soda or natural juice, and many more delicious dishes made by a Maya cook.
There is a fantastic site in the jungle of the Yucatan Peninsula that has amazing cenotes, and we take you to the five-star cenote Palomitas. At first sight, it’s just a simple entry to a rock cave, but once you enter, you’re in front of one of the most magnificent natural landscapes of the Maya world, a dazzling wonder of the nature that embraces you with its beautiful crystal waters.
All of that and many more experiences await for you on our Chichen Itza Explorer day tour.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Please don’t forget these important recommendations
- Comfy, light-colored clothes
- Comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Sunscreen (preferably biodegradable)
- Always carry an ID with you.
- Wear a hat or bring a small carry-on umbrella.
- Keep hydrated. Drink lots of water during the day.
- Use insect repellent.
- Bring extra cash for souvenirs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel lobby
- Private premium transportation
- Introduction to the Maya and local culture on the way to the ruins
- Toll road fees
- Tickets to the archeological site of Chichen Itza
- Guided tour at Chichen Itza
- Delicious lunch buffet and soft drinks
- Swimming break at a Maya cenote
- Cold bottled water all day
- Traveler’s insurance (only on board)
- If you booked complementary activities, all fees are included in the price.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Alcoholic drinks
- Life vest