Whether you’re visiting for the first time or have been to Chichen Itza before, this tour allows you to explore it in a whole new way!
Ek Balam and Coba Tour
Tour length: 9.5 hours
Sites of interest: Ek Balam, Coba, cenotes
Please note: Minimum 2 adults required to book.
- Two People
Visit the most elaborately decorated tomb on the Yucatan Peninsula
Ek Balam is easy to reach from Cancun, Playa del Carmen, the Riviera Maya, and Tulum, so when you visit this area of the Mexican Caribbean, you should not miss out on the opportunity to experience this wonderful contact with your spiritual and historical roots.
Ek Balam is the title given to the Maya ruler who, from A.D. 300, founded and ruled a loosely-organized region that would later become known as the Kingdom of Talol. This settlement, which is today called Ek Balam (Dark Jaguar), grew to some 12 square kilometers and included a 1-square-kilometer sacred central plaza where the elite resided. This small central zone was protected by three low walls.
Ek Balam has 45 structures, among them an enormous acropolis measuring 146 meters long, 55 meters wide, and 29 meters high. It is here where the most elaborately decorated tomb in the entire Yucatan Peninsula is found. This tomb is full of fascinating, enigmatic symbols that can be easily understood by the hundreds of Latter Day Saints who visit the site every day under the experienced guidance of LDS Tours Cancun.
Our tours are created to provide the most complete experience for you. To that end, we have included a refreshing swimming break at the most magnificent cenote of the area, so come prepared for the unexpected!
We know our guests have different necessities and likes. As you’re selecting your tour date, you can choose whether you want to eat at a large buffet service with many different food options or go for the deliciously amazing local food, which is the pride of the native Maya people.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
We recommend bringing the following:
- Comfy, light-colored clothes
- Comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Sunscreen (preferably biodegradable)
- Your ID
- A hat or a small carry-on umbrella
- Lots of water to stay hydrated during the day
- Insect repellent
- Extra cash for souvenirs
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private premium transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel lobby
- Toll road fees
- Cold bottled water all day
- Introduction to the Maya and local culture on the way to the ruins
- Delicious lunch buffet and soft drinks
- Swimming break at Maya cenote
- Traveler’s insurance — on board only
- If you booked complementary activities, all fees are included in the price.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Alcoholic drinks
- Life vest