Tour Coba, the most exciting set of Maya ruins in the northern Yucatan Peninsula! Coba boasts the tallest temple in the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Featured Tour
Chichen Itza + Ek Balam + Cenote
Tour length: 11 hours
Sites of interest: Ek Balam, Chichen Itza, cenotes (underground swimming caverns)
Please note: Minimum 2 adults required to book.
- Two People
The experience of a lifetime exploring Maya ruins
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?
Named one of the seven new wonders of the modern world, Chichen Itza is one of those enigmatic cities where the veil of the apostasy still covers the archeological remains that have been found on the site. This causes a great deal of confusion for those who have tried to explain Chichen Itza from the Book of Mormon point of view.
Only LDS Tours Cancun and our specialized guides can lead you to know and understand the secrets and mysteries surrounding this city in ruins, which was occupied from A.D. 450 to 1200. It is one of the most telling testimonies of the spiritual fall of a once just and noble people. At the same time, it is one of the best sites to visibly appreciate the splendor of what is today called the Maya culture.
On this same tour, you are also able to visit Ek Balam. In contrast to Chichen Itza, the Maya city of Ek Balam was occupied from the year 300 B.C. Located just 30 kilometers from the colonial city of Valladolid, it is one of the few ruins on the Yucatan Peninsula that originated during the Pre-Classic period. Find out about its history, tombs, temples, and famous rulers from the perspective of an LDS guide, who is sure to win you over and awaken your interest in the study of the Book of Mormon and its relation to Mesoamerica.
Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to experience the Maya world during your visit to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, or the Riviera Maya.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
We offer a large variety of destinations, archeological sites, cenotes, beaches, magic towns, and many more wonderful attractions. If you are joining our crew to visit any of those destinations, please don’t forget these important recommendations
- Comfy, light-colored clothes
- Comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Sunscreen (preferably biodegradable)
- Always carry an ID with you.
- Wear a hat or bring a small carry-on umbrella.
- Keep hydrated — drink lots of water during the day.
- Use insect repellent.
- Bring extra cash for souvenirs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private premium transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel lobby
- Introduction to the Maya and local culture on the way to the ruins
- Toll road fees
- Tickets to the archeological site of Chichen Itza
- Guided tour at Chichen Itza
- Delicious lunch buffet and soft drinks
- Swimming break at Maya cenote
- Cold bottled water all day
- Traveler’s insurance — only on board
- If you booked complementary activities, all fees are included in the price.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Alcoholic drinks
- Life vest