Tour Coba, the most exciting set of Maya ruins in the northern Yucatan Peninsula! Coba boasts the tallest temple in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Tour length: 9.5 hours
Sites of interest: El Naranjal, underground cenotes, hidden Maya ruins
Public Tours: Minimum 4 people required for tour.
Private Tours: Minimum 2 adults required to book.
Explore hidden ruins, zipline, canoe, and experience the Mexican jungle
Constructed in the first century A.D. and abandoned around about A.D. 800, the great Maya city of El Naranjal is a fabulous getaway for those adventurist explorers who are passionate about ancient cultures and who would like to go see Mayan ruins as they were discovered, buried in the wild jungle without makeup or restorations.
Join us on this fascinating tour to a Maya city under the protection of the local Maya villagers, who prepare for us the most exquisite dishes of Maya cuisine. They also teach us how hammocks are made and take us to an underground cenote of mysterious forms and crystal clear waters.
Afterward, you can’t miss our jungle expedition tour, which is an absolute blast with its amazing zipline and canoes, a challenging rappel into the sacred cenote, an astonishing hike in the forest for our monkey watch tour, and another set of abandoned Maya ruins — all in the most breathtaking environment.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
As you join us for a day packed with activities and adventures, we suggest:
- Comfy, light-colored clothes
- Comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Sunscreen (preferably biodegradable)
- Your ID
- Insect repellent
- Wear a hat or bring a small umbrella.
- Keep hydrated — drink lots of water during the day.
- Bring extra cash for souvenirs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private premium transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel lobby
- Introduction to the Maya and local culture on the way to the ruins
- Toll road fees
- Delicious lunch buffet and soft drinks
- Cold bottled water all day
- Swimming break at Maya cenote
- Traveler’s insurance — only on board
- If you booked complementary activities, all fees are included in the price.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Alcoholic drinks
- Life vest