This great Maya city is a fabulous getaway for those adventurist explorers who are passionate about ancient cultures and who would like to go see Maya ruins as they were discovered!
Tulum Maya Church and Cenote
Tour length: 7.5 hours
Sites of interest: Grand Cenote, Tulum, present-day Maya churches
Please note: Minimum 2 adults required to book.
- Two People
One of our best Maya tours in Tulum!
This tour is part of a series of tours designed to provide more fun, cultural experiences, and activities in the same area at an affordable price. Come learn the details that make Tulum unique and that keep its religious history alive. Guided by the vast experience of our LDS guides, learn about the various aspects of this site and how it relates to the history of the Book of Mormon.
You often hear of the extinction or disappearance of the Maya culture. LDS Cancun Tours has designed this tour to help you understand the truth about this mysterious episode in the history of a magnificent civilization, and it can be witnessed in one of the main areas of the encounter between the first Spanish conquerors and the Maya: Tulum
On this tour, you also learn about the Maya religion today, as manifested through the fascinating rituals, teachings, and myths that have been an intricate part of their lives since ancient times. You hear this information from the mouths of the current Maya priests as they speak in their own temple.
As an exciting bonus, we invite you to cool off by snorkeling in the awe-inspiring Grand Cenote, a natural sinkhole. This tour truly offers a window into a fascinating past that you can’t miss during your vacation in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, and Cancun.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Please remember to bring the following for your adventure.
- Comfy, light-colored clothes
- Comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Sunscreen (preferably biodegradable)
- Your ID
- A hat or small umbrella
- Lots of water to keep hydrated during the day
- Insect repellent
- Extra cash for souvenirs
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private premium transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel lobby
- Introduction to the Maya and local culture on the way to the ruins
- Swimming break at Maya cenote
- Toll road fees
- Cold bottled water all day
- Delicious lunch buffet and soft drinks
- Traveler’s insurance (on board only)
- If you booked complementary activities, all fees are included in the price.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Alcoholic drinks
- Life vest