Whether you’re visiting for the first time or have been to Chichen Itza before, this tour allows you to explore it in a whole new way!
Tour length: 9 hours
Sites of interest: Chichen Itza, Casa de los Venados, Valladolid
Public Tours: Minimum 4 people required for tour.
Private Tours: Minimum 2 adults required to book.
- Public Tour Rates
- Adult (12+)
- Young Child (under 11)
- Private Tour Rates
- Two Adults (12+)
- Young Child (under 11)
The complete native experience
This tour was created to show you all those great little things in the Yucatan Peninsula that most people miss because they follow the crowds. Our day starts with a visit to the world-famous Casa de los Venados in Valladolid, Yucatan, a private home and national cultural tourism asset. Here you can find the largest museum-quality collection of Mexican folk art in private hands with over 3,000 pieces in their collection. You can’t miss this; it’s simply amazing!
The local population of Valladolid is mainly Maya, and they have their own marketplace where they sell and exchange fruits grown at their own backyards as well as homemade products like their amazing vanilla, tasty organic honey, and local spices, which are the secret to their delicious cuisine. The market is an unforgettable experience! After these two activities, a delicious lunch sounds like a really good idea, and we provide the very best lunch of your entire trip.
We leave our visit to the Maya ruins for the end of the day when the crowds are gone so we can have the entire place to ourselves. Our professionally trained guides show you everything about the site from an unparalleled perspective, including its monuments, carvings, details, history, use, and the function of all the buildings. We absolutely believe that this is the best way to get to know the magnificence of the past and present Maya culture — breathing, eating, swimming, touching, and living Maya.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Comfy, light-colored clothes
- Comfortable shoes (preferably sneakers)
- Sunscreen (preferably biodegradable)
- Lots of water to stay hydrated throughout the day
- Always carry an ID with you.
- Wear a hat or bring a small carry-on umbrella.
- Use insect repellent.
- Bring extra cash for souvenirs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private premium transportation
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel lobby
- Toll road fees
- Introduction to the Maya and local culture on the way to the ruins
- Tickets to the archeological site of Chichen Itza
- Guided tour at Chichen Itza
- Delicious lunch buffet and soft drinks
- Swimming break at Maya cenote
- Cold bottled water all day
- Travel insurance (only on board)
- If you booked complementary activities, all fees are included in the price.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Alcoholic drinks
- Life vest